- Visible means something can be viewed.
- In Second Life, an object can be made more or less visible by changing its size or color adding texture, or making it a light or full bright.
- An avatar can be made more or less visible by changing its shape, clothing, or attachments. Full invisibility is also possible through the use of special textures ("invisible prim"), animation, or scripting. Unfortunately, SL doesn't offer a way to remain completely invisible through chat when logged in.
- An estate can be set to be visible from the mainland (through the estate window).
- Island sims, and sim edges not connected to other sims, have an invisible wall called the edge of world.