Release Candidate Release Notes for Second Life 1.18.3
- 1.18.3(4) September 14, 2007
- Fixed VWR-2378: Failure to enable the "Update" button in the profile/classifieds tab, after a "Set Location" update.
- 1.18.3(3) September 14, 2007
- Reverted map beacon behavior (per VWR-2270)
- VWR-2265: Mis-spelled LSL constant OBJECT_UNKOWN_DETAIL renamed to OBJECT_UNKNOWN_DETAIL
- Scripts written with the old, mis-spelled constant will not recompile unless corrected
- Enrollment fees are no longer displayed with decimals
- VWR-2275: Linux 1.18.3 Won't Link
- VWR-2283: Some changes to groups cannot be saved
- VWR-2324: llkdu.dll needs updating in RC viewer
- VWR-2291: LOD defaults are now too aggressive in RC 1.18.3
- VWR-2307: secondlife startup shell script needs a comment about gdb now
To address soon
- VWR-2378: Failure to enable the "Update" button in the profile/classifieds tab, after a "Set Location" update.
- VWR-2404: lossless texture compression on small textures not lossless
To address later
- VWR-2268: Role Description causes Apply Changes, Ignore Changes, Cancel alert even if you don't have rights to change
- VWR-2376: streaming video on linux doesn't work
- 1.18.3(2) August 27, 2007
- Altered beacon behavior
- The beacon shaft is always drawn
- The arrow is drawn if the lateral distance to the location being tracked is less than your view distance
- The text appears if the total distance to the location being tracked is less than your view distance
- Changed Bug Reporting links to http:// instead of https://
- Build mode no longer automatically turns on beacons
- Removed 'Ping User' in statistics window (was returning 0, as userserver no longer exists)
- Removed 'Open' menu option when clothing is selected (as 'Wear' is available)
- Added minimize button to Inventory
- Ability to get details about an object by object key:
- list llGetObjectDetails(key id, list params)
- id = the key of the object to get info about.
- params = a list of the object details requested: [OBJECT_NAME, OBJECT_OWNER]
- returns a list of values in the order requested: ["Object_Name", <the UUID key of the owner>]
- OBJECT_UNKNOWN_DETAIL Returned by llGetObjectDetails when passed an invalid object parameter type.
- OBJECT_NAME Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's name.
- OBJECT_DESC Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's description.
- OBJECT_POS Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's position.
- OBJECT_ROT Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's rotation.
- OBJECT_VELOCITY Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's velocity.
- OBJECT_OWNER Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's owner's key. Will be NULL_KEY if group owned.
- OBJECT_GROUP Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's group's key.
- OBJECT_CREATOR Used with llGetObjectDetails to get an object's creator's key.
- list llGetObjectDetails(key id, list params)
- Fixed inworld map region search failing if a space is included after the region name
- Fixed Appearance editor preview squares after changing tabs
- Fixed a bug with LODs for sculpted prims
- Fixed flexy causes llTargetOmega child objects to not rotate
- Fixed an incorrect Support link
- Fixed clipboard capture on login screen’s config info
- Fixed web browser widget shows up blank when connecting via https
- Fixed doubleclicking text entry fields should select a single word first, then the entire field
- Fixed items renamed from Recent Items not displaying the correct name in All Items
- Fixed physical memory calls with more than 4GB of memory
- Fixed viewer crash by clicking Connect button repeatedly
- Fixed crash in viewer when receiving bad HUD Effects
- Fixed a Linux client crash
- Fixed client on 64-bit Linux systems that cannot find their GL drivers
- Improved Linux client threading
- Improved client performance after closing an inventory folder with a large number of items
- CID-633: Possible string overflow (and generally lame code)
- CID-634: Possible string overflow (and generally lame code)
- CID-639: Possible use of uninitialized mouse co-ordinates
- CID-641: LLToolGrab::onMouseCaptureLost() doesn’t check that projectPosAgentToScreen succeeded
- CID-698: LLFloaterTexturePicker::isDirty() is not correctly overriding ancestor
- SVC-300: Spam upon TP out of Help Island Public, per calling card and landmark
- VWR-1079: Group Notice dialog: message text can’t be copied and pasted
- VWR-1187: Profile > Classifieds tab shows confirmation dialog when no changes are made
- VWR-1225: Embedded notecards not functioning
- VWR-1230: Text highlighting in Chat History window is cancelled when history scrolls
- VWR-1372: Sculpt prim topology reverts to sphere unexpectedly
- VWR-1398: Appearance editor's previews do not render correctly (1.17.2)
- VWR-1460: Can not see permissions of objects in Buy Contents window when item has long name
- VWR-1564: Viewer crashes when started with the "-local" argument.
- VWR-1566: An attempt to fix the glDrawRangeElements crashes (refcount LLDrawInfo )
- VWR-1567: Change the default item name for "snapshot to inventory" to something more usefull than "snapshot"
- VWR-1638: confused viewer - displays login and regular menus and buttons
- VWR-1640: login retires cause LLFrameStatView::setup() to seg fault
- VWR-1647: "Show end of last IM conversation" in Preferences/Communication automatically remains checked after OK-ing unchecked
- VWR-1699: Sculpt map preview inaccurate
- VWR-1714: Folders flashing in Inventory window with Filters and ‘Always show folders’ checked
- VWR-1721: GUI quirk in groups
- VWR-1722: Profiles are editable in two places (including Search browser)
- VWR-1736: Add a Invite to Group option to the Avatar Pie Menu
- VWR-1743: LLFloaterGroups source code inconsistencies
- VWR-1761: Group Invite Suggestion–add 'view group info' to invite dialog box
- VWR-1808: Possible crash in llviewerobjectlist
- VWR-1823: Bad typecast for 64 bit systems, llagent llfloatercustomize
- VWR-1861: Renaming items in inventory folders does not update item sort order
- VWR-1872: An attempt to fix the "empty inventory trash" crashes
- VWR-1880: Modify "Ctrl-F" to call Search/Replace Dialog when invoked inside Script Window
- VWR-1891: Detect a Debian bulid-host, as is done for Fedora
- VWR-1892: Use pkgconfig for more libraries in the standalone build
- VWR-1942: An error in the do-while example of the LSL Scripting Guide could cause infinite looping.
- VWR-1951: Hide Particles is not working from the View > Beacons menu item
- VWR-1968: Possible crash in llmultigesture.cpp
- VWR-1976: Solaris' fprintf segfaults on NULL arguments
- VWR-1987: Segfault on startup if audio doesn't initialize.
- VWR-2036: Build tools floater does not remember its position on restart
- VWR-2144: Client crashes when deleting unsaved gestures
- VWR-2152: Possible crash in llviewerobjectlist
- VWR-240: Cannot input Japanese characters from keyboard on Linux
- VWR-423: Selecting group charter text causes Apply/Ignore/Cancel popup even if the text wasn't changed
- SVC-493: Objects with "Linden" in their name can't be muted
- VWR-493: Statistics bar, Packet Loss: % sign is doubled
- VWR-749: Bandwidth indicator: Kbps, should not have capital k
- VWR-819: Open the "More>>" section of the edit tools by default and persist it across sessions
- VWR-866: Sculpties suffer HORRIBLY from JPEG artifacts
- VWR-942: logRanOffEndOfPacket is too terse when it logs packet data, add some more info
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.