- SL's timezone is called SLT (Second Life Time or Standard Linden Time). It is equivalent to PST/PDT (Pacific Standard Time)/Pacific Daylight Time), the real world timezone of Linden Lab.
- SL has many script functions that deal with time exclusively, including a timer event.
- Each time an object is created it has a timestamp.
- A resident has an SL birthdate (date and time are intricately linked).
- In-world events are at (and last for) specific times.
- Records are recorded in time and some deal exclusively with breaking time records.
- Estate owners have an option to commence a rollback on one or more of their regions. A rollback restores the region to a point in time, restoring lost and removed content and removing new content since then, similar to time travel.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.